Lotus to hire 200 staff as expansion plan kicks into gear | #UKMfg Focus
This week’s Weekly Focus includes a range of topics which include –
– Sports car-maker Lotus is taking on 200 new engineers as it looks to step up a turnaround plan bankrolled by China’s Geely.
– Aston Martin Lagonda’s second UK manufacturing plant has started to produce pre-production models of the Aston Martin DBX — the luxury car maker’s first SUV.
– The number of electric car models available to consumers in Europe is expected to triple by 2021, says a European environmental lobby group.
– Up to 20 million manufacturing jobs around the world could be replaced by robots by 2030, according to analysis firm Oxford Economics.
The scheme will support workers by helping them find a new career or gain more skills, should their jobs change.
– A Sunderland soft drinks manufacturer is aiming to achieve success on a national scale following a period of significant growth.
Over the past 12 months, Clearly Drinks has increased revenue by one fifth and increased its employee headcount by 50 per cent.
Like, share, comment follow @mtdmfg
Are you enjoying this article?
Sign up to our email newsletter and don't miss out on more videos like this.