Simultaneous Engineering & Design for Manufacture
1 Minute Read
- High manufacturing cost of new product.
- Low manufacturing efficiency.
- Late identification and resolution of design issues
- Product design not challenged enough.
- Product design not supported for DFMA
- Limited OPEX and CAPEX optimization.
- Simultaneous engineering is a token effort.
- Toolmakers are left to define process
Manufacturing performance is key throughout development:
Proactivity in DFM suggestions with Product Engineering. DFM standards to be applied for re-usable processes.
Neutral CAPEX reduction & best practices implementation.
Holistic approach for simulation and process planning.
Collaborating with the design, suppliers & toolmakers
Simultaneous Engineering is key for efficient product launch
Involvement of Civil, Facilities, MP&L; from strategy development to current manufacturing.
The faster a redesign requirement is identified, the less expensive and the more controlled it gets.
Cross-function working optimises CAPEX, anticipates issues, accurate make/buy strategy.