Quality and Right First Time
1 Minute Read
- Low control of final product.
- Poor perceived quality.
- Empirical and uncontrolled process changes during Launch.
- Poor FTT and high rework plus damage induced during rework.
- Low detection of issues.
- Quality targets not achieved in standard process and defined to late.
- Targets not supported by styling cues.
- Not checked against system capability.
- Left to manufacturing to correct.
Live Quality management
Quality targets define the process with live tools (FMEA, Control plans, Characteristics)
FMEA as a reference documentation, based on data collection, history and regulations.
CC/SC and action plans to lead suppliers. Control plans to collect data and apply quality solutions
GD&T capability authority
Dimensional quality manages the convergence of Style and Technique across Engineering activity
From Design to Industrialisation: figures gap & flush, ensures adequate perceived quality and geometric functions (ISO).
Supports the definition and transfer of geometrical plans, leading of suppliers
Offers quantitative data to measure and reduce rework, to assess final product quality
Cross-discipline activity: Styling, Product (body ext, cabin), Process (BIW, T&F)