Industrialisation & Supply Chain
1 Minute Read
- Late discovery of blocking issues (interfaces, etc.)
- Last-minute changes with high costs & little control. Compromised environment that will remain for years.
- Unnecessary complexity and costs.
- Industrialisation planned in isolation.
- Performed by suppliers to their advantage.
Civil, Facilities, MP&L to be involved during process definition:
Feasibility studies & simulations to validate concepts.
Product specifications & constrains (environment, GD&T, manipulation requirements) as guide for manufacturing environment and equipment performance.
Product development to be challenged, via DFM/DFA, by Industrial constraints (feasibility, cost, flexibility, readiness level).
Process Engineering partner to lead industrialisation activity:
RFQ package, layout, assembly hall in collaboration with industrialisation actors and toolmakers/installers.
Dimensional Quality supports industrialisation guidelines.