2 Minute Read
Our Insight Podcast series aims to help you design better parts for digital manufacturing. We will provide you with useful tips to save time and money, as well as looking into case studies to support your own journey to part production.
Below is a recap of our latest podcasts, you can also view all of our podcasts on our website and through popular streaming services, including Apple, Google, and Spotify.
Insight Podcast: Yxlon Case Study
In this episode, we look at Yxlon and their 3D Printing rhinoceros skull. Yxlon worked with Protolabs to 3D print the skull using Stereolithography.
Insight Podcast: Design Essentials for CNC Machining
In this episode, we discuss essential design considerations for CNC machined parts.
The topics we will be talking through today are:
- 6 ways to cut machining costs
- Turning to Lathe for cylindrical parts
- Moving between 3D printing and machining for plastic parts
- Jigs, fixtures, and capacity relief
Protolabs Q&A Podcast: LSR
In this episode we answer your questions on Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) with Richard Anthony, an Application Engineer at Protolabs and our Injection Moulding Champion for Europe. See below for a list of questions answered in this session:
- What is LSR?
- What industries is this application used for?
- What are the similarities between LSR and standard Injection Moulding?
- What is the maximum part size for LSR?
- What kind of finish can I expect from a LSR part?
- Would I need to consider draft?
- Should I anticipate sink with LSR?
- Is the part ejected using pins?
- Can I produce parts with undercuts and is there anything I need to consider here?
- What types of LSR do Protolabs offer?
- In optical LSR, is there any discolouration?
- Can you mould parts in different colours?
- Why am I not able to supply you with a different grade of silicone to mould my parts in?